I always say, there is nothing better than a newborn baby.
All month long, I'll be sharing some of my favorite Seattle locations for family photos. Last week I talked about the Ballard Locks.
This week I'm featuring the Olympic Sculpture Park.
The Olympic Sculpture Park is a new favorite of mine.
I love it for several reasons.
- Diversity. The abundance of art, mixed with beautiful trees and water views, makes this location such fun. It’s the only park in Seattle that can look both super urban and super "naturey". The best of both worlds!
- Indoor space. As we north-westerners know, the wether is not always suitable for an outdoor session. The PACCAR pavilion at the the OSP is bight and airy and photographs beautifully. I've done entire shoots in this building. It’s lovely, modern and full of light, even on a dark rainy day!
- Ease of access. The OSP is surprisingly easy to get to, despite it's proximity to the waterfront and downtown. It has a huge parking garage and plenty of street parking!
Planning a summer photo-shoot at the OSP? Why not make a day of it! Here are some fun things to do when your session is over.
- Visit the Great Wheel. This is something I do with my boys a few times a year. Always a hit!
- Go to the Aquarium. We really do have a great Aquarium, and it's a short and lovely walk from the OSP.
- Go out for a meal. My family usually hits up The Old Spaghetti Factory when we visit the Sculpture Park. Or, if you're in the mood for seafood, Anthony's is just down the street.
Remember, July, August and September are the best months for outdoor photos (and my weekends fill up fast!). So call or send me an email and get on the books today!
Last year, I spent Super Bowl Sunday out photographing The 12th Man with my friend Christina. I thought today would be a good day to share the photos! Go Hawks!! All images captured on a Contax 645 with Portra 400 and Fuji Acros 100 film.
My family and I recently returned from a family road trip to Canada! Here are some photos from our adventure!
I love working with newborns.
All of this lovely sunshine we're been having is reminding me that Spring is really here!! And with spring, comes the oprotunity for family photo sessions outside!! Woohoo! I'm always asked what are the best parks for out door family session, and I always say "it depends on what you want".
- Do you want cool urban photos?
- Are you looking for a great beach with tall grass and sunset views?
- Are you afraid that your toddler will end up a muddy mess and would really love somewhere that has paved paths?
- Do you love the look of big dramatic trees?
- Or would you rather have great city views?
Well to help you organize your thoughts, I've put together a handy dandy little chart that lists all of my favorite parks and their attributes. Please use it to find the park that works best for you! And then give me a call or send me an email to set up your family session!
I'm looking forward to seeing you soon!
Love the chart? Think others will too? Well then feel free to share it on Facebook! Tweet it! Pin it! Sharing is caring my friends!
Here are a few of my favorite photos from our Santa photo sessions! This is easily my favorite event of the year! Thank you to all came in! Together we raised a lot of money for Rite Care of Washington and had a fantastic time doing it! Don't miss out next year! Get your name on my mailing list today to get information on our Santa day, as well as other events, sales and classes!
Well shucks! I have some great clients out there! I just found out that not only have I been nominated for Red Tricycle's Totally Awesome Awards, I'm a finalist! How exciting! So a big "Thank You" to all of you who have already voted. And if you haven't had a chance to vote yet, I've added a link here to make it easy for you! Please take a moment, and vote for me! Thank you sooooo much!
So, every year I'm asked if I design Holiday cards for my clients... and I've never done it. But this year, that is gonna change! Because I have fallen in LOVE with these holiday templates! What makes them so great is that you can customize each one to fit a particular image! That means truly one-of-a-kind designs! I'll be offering them this year at my mini-sessions on November 10th and 11th, and to all my clients who come in for family photos! Cards are designed with a custom image on the front and custom greeting on the back, and then are printed professionally on a beautiful cardstock and delivered with matching envelopes. They are available in packs of 25 for $70! Whoohoo!
October 1st! I can hardly believe it! Soon it will be Halloween, then Thanksgiving, and then Christmas!!! Whew. This is without a doubt my favorite time of the year! I love all the celebrations that are on the horizon! And, let me remind you, that October is the PERFECT month to come in for holiday photos! I still have a few spots open! So send me an email today, and get on the books!
Also, I'm excited to announce, that I'm now booking for Mini Sessions and Santa Photos!
Mini Sessions will be held on November 10th and 11th. Each session is 15 minutes long and comes with 20 finished images in an online gallery. These sessions are only $150!! A steal, I know! You can add a CD of printable jpegs for an additional $100. And because I love giving back to my community, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Greenwood Elementary School!
Santa Photos will be held on November 24th from 9:00 to 4:00. This one-day-only event is easily the highlight of my year! These are by-appointment Santa photos! No standing in line. No tired, stressed out kids. Just fun, goodie-bags, and a chance for a little one-on-one time with Jolly Old St. Nick. Each year we donate a portion of the proceeds to charity. This year we will be donating to Rite Care of Washington, an amazing non-profit that provides speech services to children with profound speech and language delays (like my son Harvey) . These children get quality, state-of-the-art treatment at no cost to their families. They are amazing!
There are still spots open for both events, so email me today to sign up!